Saturday, August 20, 2011

Teaching at Multiple Schools

This is my 2nd year as a full-time elementary Art teacher in a K-8 school district in the Chicago suburbs.
Last year, I worked between 3 schools with 2 out 3 schools being art-on-a-cart and one classroom for one day per week. I taught students from 1st grade to 6th grade, most being seen once a week. I focused on developing my classroom management, developing lessons based upon our district curriculum, and creating connections in my schools.


This year I will continue to work at 3 schools, with 2 of them being from last year's schedule, and one new one. I believe that I will continue to have a classroom for 1 day a week, be on a cart for 3 days, and one day I will be able to utilize the gym for art.

I am excited to be starting this year as I am revamping my classroom management, policies/procedures, organization, and goals for the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment