Sunday, September 25, 2011

Catching Up: Bulletin Boards

So with Open House a few weeks ago I was struggling to come up with ideas to fill my multiple bulletin boards. My classes were not near the end of the project and although I like putting up in progress work, my students are not fully respecting things that are hung up, so I am not ready to put up progress work yet.
1. Main Art Bulletin Board: I will continue to put up each grade's project goal with objectives

2. I found this next idea off of another teacher's blog and ran with it.
The quote reads: "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
Pablo Picasso " 

3. The next bulletin board I also was inspired from another teacher blog. I was pleasantly surprised by one student. I gave 3rd grade students a slip of paper that read ART IS....
I asked them to finish the sentence and then draw around it. 



In my 3rd Grade CC(Special ED) room I had them do the same activity but told them to just worry about drawing a picture.  At the end  I was walking around looking at the pictures and asked a student what she drew. She said "It's YOU". She had drawn a picture of me and my art cart, because to her Art is me coming to their classroom. I wanted to cry because someone had finally grasped it! I felt like I had accomplished ART with these students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment